onsdag 20 augusti 2008

English: The Importence of Being Nice

Rule: It is hard to disappoint people
Exception: When you are, in fact, doing them a favour and preventing greater harm in the future.

At Helpdesk I frequently have to disappoint people by telling them that their lost document was lost because they deleted them, or that they owe money because they did not look before ordering a service - or something like that.

But even if I hate seeing their sorry faces I have now come to realise that sometimes, just by telling them and showing them where they went wrong, I actually teach them how to avoid this in the future.

I have this suspicion now that these people are often treated a bit, well how to put this nicely, like children. And they are not allowed to grow up.

Hopefully I can help them. At least I am often trying to...

Inga kommentarer: